Alliance Collins Family
College-Ready High School
Put the “Y” in Justify!

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
School Governance » School Governance

School Governance

Title IX

Title IX Notice - California SB 1375

California Senate Bill 1375 enacted July 1, 2017, added a section to the Education Code 221.61, relating to Educational Equity, requiring public schools post in a prominent and conspicuous location on the Internet websites, specific information relating to Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) to promote the goal of providing greater levels of gender equity in schools.

If you have a concern about your Alliance school, please contact the School Administrator Mr. Robert Delfino at (323) 923-1588

For more information regarding the State’s Gender Equity requirements, please visit the California Department of Education Gender Equity/Title IX web page here.

To file a formal complaint, please contact Alliance Title IX Coordinator at 213-943-4930.
AB 104: Grade Change Requests
AB 104 was signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom on July 1, 2021. Part of AB 104 authorizes parents of scholars (or the scholar if age 18 or older) to request to have a letter grade changed to a “Pass” or “No Pass” grade for any course taken during the 2020-2021 school year. Grade changes under AB 104 cannot negatively affect a scholar’s GPA.

We strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with an administrator or counselor if you are unsure if you should request any grade changes. While we will honor all grade change requests and not allow for it to negatively affect a scholar’s high school GPA, we cannot control how colleges/universities will calculate GPAs for eligibility, which may affect admissibility to the college or university. 


     All California State Universities (CSU) and the University of California (UC) have confirmed that they will accept “Pass” grades for admission purposes. This list includes all California colleges and universities who will also accept Pass grades. The UC strongly encourages potential applicants to take, whenever possible, A-G courses for letter grades, especially those in English and mathematics, as well as those in prospective major fields.

Please Note: Some colleges or universities (including those in other states) may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

     If you would like to request a letter grade earned in 2020-2021 to be changed to a “Pass” or “No Pass” grade, please complete the AB 104 Grade Change Request Form and submit it to your school office no later than August 15, 2021. Applications will not be accepted after this date.