To improve digital well-being, put your phone down and talk to people
1. Read and annotate the short informational article. 2. Answer all questions 3. Ensure all work is turned as soon as possible.
Dads' time to shine online: how laughter can connect and heal
1. Go back to previous weeks and ensure that you completed all assignments. Several of you did not complete last week's "The Story of an Hour" assignment. 2. Go to Actively Learn complete short informational article "Dad's time to shine online"
The Story of an Hour
Read the very short story titled, "The Story of an Hour" by Kate Chopin. Answer all 5 questions.
Create a Daily Schedule
1. Read the attached article, "10 Tips to Stay Productive While Studying at Home" 2. View "Sample Schedules" document 3. Complete "Distance Learning Goal Schedule"
Week 6: Lamb to the Slaughter
Read the short story, "Lamb to the Slaugter" by Roald Dahl and answer all questions. Complete by Sunday, May 24th, at 11:59 pm.
Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Show Call and Note Catcher
1. Watch the Show-Call Video 2. Fill out the "Walter Mitty Show-Call" Note Catcher 3. Complete the "Walter Mitty Error Analysis"
OPTIONAL - READING LOGS
Mr. De Vesta and I have decided to make the reading logs optional. If you want to do them, we will consider them for extra credit. However, Reading logs do not replace zeroes for other assignments, so make sure you turn in all other work.
Secret Life of Walter Mitty - CERER 2nd Draft
Prompt: Why does Walter have these daydreams?
CERER Criteria: Refer to Rubric
Formal Style Criteria: 1. 12-point font, Times-New-Roman Font, Double Space 2. MLA Heading 3. GTA in the claim (Genre, Title, Author)
Week 4 Lesson - "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"
1. Watch Launch Video 2. Navigate to Actively Learn - Read and annotate (Minimum of 10 annotations) - "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" by James Thurber. 3. Answer 4 multiple choice questions 4. Complete Graphic Organizer 5. Write CERER in response to prompt after reading entire text.
Week 3 Lesson: A Sound of Thunder
1. Watch Launch Video 2. Read and annotate "A Sound of Thunder" - Link below 3. Answer all 8 Questions (7 multiple choice, 1 CERER) 4. Click Quizizz link below to play a review game - Don't worry. The Quizizz quiz is just for fun.
5 minute Questionnaire
Hello scholars. Please fill out this short survey about how Distance Learning in this class went this past week (April 20th - 24th). This will be helpful in making sure we get the best Distance Learning experience possible.
Week 2 Lesson 2
1. View Launch Video 2. Open attached writing prompt 3. Open your own blank Google Doc and complete writing assignment
DL Reading Logs
Each week, read two informational texts and fill out the reading log.
Week 2 Lesson 1 Character Analysis
1. Watch Launch Video by Mr. Valdez 2. Complete Graphic Organizer (Instructions Included) 3. Optional: Watch Video about Cossacks to help you contextualize "The Most Dangerous Game"
The Most Dangerous Game Week 1
Week 1 Lesson 2 The Most Dangerous Game
Watch Lesson 2 Launch Video Sign into Actively Learn and open “The Most Dangerous Game” Read and annotate the rest of text Answer Questions 12-21
The Most Dangerous Game
1. Watch Launch Video by Mr. Valdez 2. Sign into Actively Learn 3. Watch Actively Learn Student Tutorial - Youtube link Included 4. Read and Annotate "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell 5. Answer Questions 1 - 11 embedded in text
1. Read the article titled "How to deal with stress eating for comfort in a time of anxiety." 2. After reading the article, complete the 4 multiple choice questions. 3. Write a paragraph in response the prompt provided.